Shakespeare is the most recognized Brit in the whole world, Queen Elizabeth II is the runner up (source – British Council).
His works were translated into over 120 languages and are obligatory readings in many educational systems. This is due to universality of issues they offer, ranging from morality, conflict, power play to love, hatred, racism and poverty.
He is assumed to be the father of modern English who introduced many words, expressions and collocations which are used till present day.
This year we celebrate the 400th anniversary of his death. Many events are organized worldwide. Klonowic also celebrated it with lessons and projects dedicated to the great playwright.
To see how we did it
- go to a presentation made by Ada and Zuza – 1st grade students
- check out the collection of quotations by Bernard Levin
- read about the playwright on Wikipedia
- go on virtual tour to Stratford-upon-Avon to Shakespeare birthplace trust
- follow Shakespeare birthplace trust on Twitter